The Author is the Society's journal and is published quarterly.
It is an invaluable source of information and news for our members as well as for publishers, literary agents and other professionals working in the book industry. It has a circulation of approximately 9,200.
Members and Associates receive The Author free of charge. If you are not a Member or an Associate and you wish to subscribe, please download the appropriate form, (UK Subscribers or Overseas Subscribers) and return it to the Membership department.
The latest issue -- Spring 2013 -- includes articles on:
- The ethics of book reviews Alison Flood
- Newspaper archives at the British Library Roly Keating
- Out and about Jean Davison
- A career of mirrors Ian Kelly
- Travel writing clichés Mark McCrum
- Encounters with pirates Melanie Reinhart
- TV interviews Julia Cresswell
- Writers in the House Tristram Hunt
- Textbooks online Fionnuala Duggan
- The author's toolkit Peter Buckley
- How to create complex ebooks John Seely
View The Author advertisements online or find out how to advertise.