Venue: The Free Word Centre, 60 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3GA.
A day of inspiration for everyone who works with words: writers, designers, clients, agencies... including a very nice lunch.
This year the keynote speaker is David Bodanis - "author, mathematician, bearded intellectual - thinks faster than he can talk. This is very disturbing because he talks at an auctioneer's clip." He's done a TED talk and now we've got him too. He'll be talking about future trends in society, technology and the economy, probably, and his books include e=mc2, Electric Universe and Passionate Minds.
Speakers & practical sessions
- John Simmons: 26's co-founder and our very own business writing expert, author of We Me Them & It, The Invisible Grail and Dark Angels.
- Rhys Williams: creative director of The Quiet Room, on his songwriting and his business writing.
- Sharon Duce: actor and speech trainer, on how to take ownership of a room, whether you're speaking, presenting, interviewing or pitching for business. (And she might even tell some stories about what it's like to work on Corrie.)
- Sara Sheridan: best-selling author on PR for writers.
- Brian Jenner: founder of the UK Speechwriters' Guild, will help us with our social speechwriting. How To Stay Married, Please Relatives And Keep Friends.
- The Law: did you know that an email to a client is a legal contract? Well it is. All this and more from a friendly lawyer, Frances Anderson of Cobbetts.
- 26 new project launch.
- Wordsworth - an update on what our words are worth. What are we charging? How to get paid.
- Getting published: Our own brilliant Martin Lee will interview publishing industry experts - including Gordon Kerr - who will give us the 2012 lowdown on the alternative routes to getting read.
Tickets are available at: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/2711567371
For further information contact Sara Sheridan at firstname.lastname@example.org