From August 2012 Slightly Foxed (SF) will be running a paid internship programme for graduates interested in pursuing a career in publishing. SF are offering 4 full-time internships a year, each for a period of 3 months as follows:
- Autumn: August – October
- Winter: November – January
- Spring: February – April
- Summer: May – July
Information for Candidates
Their aim is to offer you experience in publishing and the chance to obtain skills and gain confidence. In return SF expects hard work, punctuality, cheerfulness, attention to detail, a willingness to turn your hand to anything, enthusiasm and adaptability. You must be computer literate and fluent in English.
During the internship you will be on hand to assist the editorial, publicity and administrative staff. You will be included in our monthly meetings and will be encouraged to take an interest in all aspects of the production of a magazine and books.
Your duties will include the following:
- Banking, photocopying, mailings
- Filing, dealing with the post, answering the telephone and taking orders
- Packing and dispatching orders
- Attending SF-related events and providing cover at our Kensington bookshop
- Researching, archiving and proofreading
- Walking the office dog
SF office hours are 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break from 1– 2 p.m.
The office is in Clerkenwell and the nearest tube stations are Farringdon and Old Street.
Employed interns will be paid a salary of £14,560 pro rata (£280 per week) and will be required to sign a contract committing them to working at SF for the 3-month internship period.
Application and Interview Process
- The SF internship is a graduate scheme and all studies must be completed before applying
- SF are currently accepting applications for the Autumn and Winter 2012 internships
- The deadline for applications for these two periods is 31 May 2012
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in June 2012
- Candidates may be asked to spend a day at SF as part of the selection process
- The application process for Spring and Summer 2013 will open in September 2012
If you are interested in applying please email your current c.v. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information visit the Slightly Foxed website.