Strengthen your career
- Develop your craft at our professional workshops
- Get specialist training on the business aspects of authorship
- Negotiate better agreements with our free confidential contract vetting
Meet other authors
- Make friends for life at our bustling regular socials
- Establish a network of professionals in the same boat as you
- Share your career and creative concerns with people who understand
Make a difference
- Support our campaigns for a fairer publishing industry
- Make your voice heard in an increasingly difficult profession
- Join the fight to save libraries, improve literacy and defend the arts
Am I eligible?
I know I'm eligible - Join
Previously a member?
Email the Membership Department or phone us on 020 7373 6642.
*Please note: We will take up complaints for members if an issue of general concern to authors is at stake, and the risk and cost preclude individual action, legal proceedings may be undertaken at our expense.
We will also be pleased to give guidance and advice (but cannot incur legal expense or become directly involved) in connection with difficulties pending at the time of election or re-election, publishing agreements where the author contributes towards the cost of production, problems arising outside the UK, or a dispute with another author.