The Sunday Times Charlotte Aitken Young Writer of the Year Award is an annual award, made possible by the Charlotte Aitken Trust and the Sunday Times. The prize of £10,000 is awarded for a full-length published or self-published (in book or ebook formats) work of fiction, non-fiction or poetry, by a British or Irish author aged 18-35 years. There are prizes of £1,000 for each shortlistee. The winning book will be the work of the most outstanding literary merit.
The 2022 Prize is now open for submissions and will close on 31 August.
CRITERIA FOR ENTRY
- UK and Irish citizens and those who have been resident in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland for the three years preceding the award are all eligible.
- The author must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years on 31 December 2022.
- The work submitted must be by one author in the English language.
- The work submitted must have been first published in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland, in the English language, between 1 September 2021 and 31 October 2022.
- The work submitted must be by a living author.
- Ebooks must be submitted in PDF format.
- Publishers may enter up to three entries per imprint and may provide a written submission for one further title for possible call in.
- Full terms and conditions for entry can be found on the entry form via the Enter Now button above.
If you have any queries please contact the Prizes and Awards Team at email@example.com