Betty Trask left a bequest to the Society of Authors in 1983 to fund prizes for first novels written by authors under the age of 35 in a traditional or romantic, but not experimental, style.
Entry to the 2019 prize is now open.
- The deadline for entries is 30 November 2018 at 5pm.
- The prize money must be used for foreign travel
- The prize is open to published and unpublished novels
- The writer must be under the age of 35 on 31 December 2018
- There is no submission fee
Our new electronic submission system uses Google verification for security and spam protection, so you may be prompted to log in using your email address (a Gmail account is not required).
If you have any issues with this please contact email@example.com.
Charity number 289519