Tom McKitterick, the former editor of Political Quarterly and author of an unpublished novel, endowed the McKitterick Prize which was first awarded in 1990. It is given annually to an author over the age of 40 for a first novel, published or unpublished.
The 2022 Shortlist:
The 2022 winner and runner up:
Winner: David Annand for Peterdown
Runner up: Lisa Taddeo for Animal
Entry to the 2023 prize will open in August
- Deadline for entries: 31 October 2022
- The author must be living and over the age of 40 on the 31 October 2022
- The author must not have had any other novel published (excluding works for children).
- The novel must be a full length work in the English language by one author (not a translation, and not a work for children).
- The work must be a work of 'fiction or imagination or substantially of fiction and imagination'.
- The work must either have been first published in the UK between 1 November 2021 and 31 October 2022 (and not first published abroad) or be unpublished.
- If unpublished, the work must not have been previously submitted to the McKitterick Prize.
For any queries relating to the prize please contact email@example.com
Charity number 327891