An annual award of £1,000 for a short story, financed by a bequest made by Miss Nellie Tom-Gallon in memory of her brother.
Entry to the 2019 prize is now closed.
- The deadline for submissions is the 31st October 2018 at 5pm.
- The winner must have had at least one short story accepted for publication
- The winner must have serious writing ambitions
- The submission should be traditional, not experimental, in character
- The financial circumstances of the writer should be taken into account
- There is no submission fee
The Tom-Gallon Trust Award is currently generously supported by The Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society.
Charity number 212405