An annual award of £1,000 for a short story, financed by a bequest made by Miss Nellie Tom-Gallon in memory of her brother.
Entry to the 2019 prize is now open.
- The deadline for submissions is the 31st October 2018.
- The winner must have had at least one short story accepted for publication
- The winner must have serious writing ambitions
- The submission should be traditional, not experimental, in character
- The financial circumstances of the writer should be taken into account
- The runner-up receives £500
- There is no submission fee
Our new electronic submission system uses Google verification for security and spam protection, so you may be prompted to log in using your email address (a Gmail account is not required).
If you have any issues with this please contact email@example.com.
The Tom-Gallon Trust Award is currently generously supported by The Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society.
Charity number 212405