An annual award of £1,000 for a short story, financed by a bequest made by Miss Nellie Tom-Gallon in memory of her brother and generously supported by ALCS.
Wendy Riley for 'Eva at the End of the World'
2020 Runner up
Diana Powell for 'Whale Watching'
The 2021 Prize
Entry is now closed
- Applicants must be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom, Commonwealth, or the Republic of Ireland
- Applicants must have had at least one short story accepted for publication
- Submissions must be in English and must not be a translation
- Submissions may be published or unpublished
- Submissions must not have been previously submitted for the ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award
- Submissions must be a maximum of 5,000 words
For any queries relating to the prize please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award is generously supported by the Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS).
Charity number 212405