Betty Trask left a bequest to the Society of Authors in 1983 to fund prizes for first novels written by authors under the age of 35 in a traditional or romantic, but not experimental, style.
Entry to the 2020 prize is now open.
The deadline for entries is 30 November 2019 at 5pm (GMT).
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 on 31 December 2019
- Applicants must be resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland of the Commonwealth for three years prior to the date of submission for the award, or a British National
- Applicants must not have had any other novel published
- Submissions must be in English and must not be a translation
- Submissions must be of a romantic or traditional nature (i.e. not experimental)
- Submissions must have been first published in 2019, or be unpublished
- If unpublished, the work must not have been previously submitted for the Betty Trask Prize and Awards
Charity number 289519