The Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize is an annual award of £3,000 for published translations from Arabic of full-length works of imaginative and creative writing of literary merit and general interest.
The Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize for Arabic Literary Translation (into English) was established by Banipal Magazine and the Banipal Trust for Arab Literature. The prize is sponsored by Omar Saif Ghobash and the Ghobash family in memory of his father, a passionate bibliophile and is administered by the Society of Authors.
The 2022 Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize is now closed for submissions.
- Entries must be translations from Arabic into English.
- Entries must have been published between April 2021 and March 2022.
- The deadline for both entries and publication for the 2022 Prize was 31 March 2022.
- Full Terms and Conditions will be listed at the start of the entry form.
- Please complete the entry form before sending the books
- Presented at a ceremony in 2023.
The 2021 Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize Winner
for a translation of The Girl with Braided Hair by Rasha Adly (Hoopoe an Imprint of AUC Press)
You can watch and listen to a reading of The Girl With Braided Hair given by Sarah Enany here
With thanks to the judges: Roger Allen, Rosemarie Hudson, Ronak Husni, Caroline McCormick
If you are interested in any of the books here please visit: Blackwells and Bookshop