The Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize is an annual award of £3,000 for published translations from Arabic of full-length works of imaginative and creative writing of literary merit and general interest.
Established in 2006 by Banipal Magazine and the Banipal Trust for Arab Literature, the prize is sponsored by Omar Saif Ghobash and his family in memory of his father, a passionate bibliophile.
The 2019 Saif Ghobash Banipal Prize, for translations published between April 2018 and March 2019, is awarded to Leri Price for a translation of Death is Hard Work by Khaled Khalifa (Faber and Faber).
Closing date: Tuesday 31 March 2020, 5pm (GMT)
- Entries must be translations from Arabic into English.
- Entries must have been published between April 2019 and March 2020.
- The deadline for both entries and publication for the 2020 Prize is 31 March 2020.
- Full Terms and Conditions are listed at the start of the entry form.
- Presented at a ceremony in 2021.