The Schlegel-Tieck Prize is an annual award of £3,000 for translations into English of full length German works of literary merit and general interest.
First awarded in 1965 and named for two poets of the Romantic period, August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767-1845) and Ludwig Tieck (1773-1853), the prize is generously sponsored by the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, London.
The 2022 Schlegel-Tieck Prize is now open for submissions.
- The deadline for submissions is 28 February 2022.
- Entries must be translations from German into English.
- The original must have been first published in the last 100 years.
- Entries must have been published in 2021.
- Full Terms and Conditions are listed at the start of the entry form.
- Presented at a ceremony in 2023.